SATURDAY 16th SEPTEMBER 2017 8:00 pm
No other female fronted band has ever beaten Blondie with their string of hits and run of success. Blondie had six UK number one singles, two UK number one albums and six top ten albums, and Heart Of Glass alone sold over a million copies! Few acts can match their 20 year span of number one hits.
Blondie emerged as the great pop icons of the late '70s new wave punk scene by defying easy categorisation. They scored their first major hits with reggae, rock/disco and hip-hop songs. They wrote great rock hooks and brilliant ironic lyrics. They had the hippest clothes and the coolest hair, blonde bombshell Debbie went from the pages of Punk magazine to being on the cover of just about every mainstream publication on the news stands! 2008 was the 30th Anniversary of the fantastic album Parallel Lines and saw Blondie performing a world tour including major UK sold out dates. Again, 2010 saw them coming back to the UK again on tour.
The Band consists of dedicated professional musicians all with years of experience.
May 2010 saw them play Europes biggest tribute festival where they were the only female fronted tribute to play the main stage over the three day event - this followed with them appearing in The Sun newspaper on the coverage of the event. From November 2010 to present Atomic Blondie's photo is also being used in major tabloid newspapers for advertising of a major hotel chain (including The Daily Mail and Express).
Including the hits Heart of Glass, Sunday Girl, Maria, Tide is High, Rapture, Hanging on the Telephone, Denis, Dreaming, Rip Her to Shreds, One Way or Another and many more, including recent versions from Blondie's 'Live By Request' TV Show in the USA.
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.