Growing up in British army quarters in Germany surrounded by Celtic music, bluegrass, roots music and jazz, Chris was heavily influenced by British folk and American roots music from a very early age; often straight from the many touring musicians passing through to visit and play music with his father, an active member and club organiser on the forces folk scene. Fast forward a couple of decades, The Shrewsbury based singer songwriter and acoustic guitarist Chris Quinn has been receiving glowing reviews in the mainstream UK music press for his own debut solo release "Across The Divide". Maverick Magazine named him "A Master of the Acoustic Guitar and a quality Songwriter". Live, Chris’ shows cover a wide range of acoustic music alongside his own material. From authentic interpretations of traditional and contemporary British folk songs to lightning quick bluegrass flat picking and from intricate finger style delta blues and swing jazz numbers to instrumental solo guitar pieces. Chris has carved his trade for over a decade touring worldwide, along the way he's taken in shows at venues like BB Kings New York, Cambridge Folk Festival, London's Royal Albert Hall and had a stint as the opening act for the Jools Holland orchestra.
When not playing his own brand of solo acoustic folk and roots music Chris also performs regularly as an accompanying guitarist for some of the worlds very best gypsy jazz guitarists, most notably as a regular member of the Robin Nolan Trio and with gypsy legend Paulus Schafer. Over the past few years Chris has played live concerts and studio recordings with many renowned acoustic artists from the folk, jazz and blues worlds; Eamonn Coyne, Frank Vignola, Clive Carroll, Cormac Byrne, Gary Potter, John Doyle, Dan Cassidy, Dan Walsh, Arthur Ebeling and Tim Kliphuis to name a few. He's shared the bill and been invited to open shows for some of the biggest names in music; artists like Katie Melua, The Levellers, Bellowhead, Seth Lakeman and Loudon Wainwright III.
“Across the divide, the debut album from Chris Quinn, is the kind of quality release that should propel him to the forefront of the new generation of musicians currently performing on the folk music scene” ACOUSTIC Magazine
"World Class... Constant international touring over the last decade including a stint opening for the Jools Holland Orchestra as well as playing rhythm guitar for some of the world’s leading gypsy jazz guitarists has given this Shrewsbury born acoustic guitarist and vocalist an enviable confidence."
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.