GOODNIGHT MISTER TOM
THURSDAY 22nd JUNE 2017 7:30 pm to SATURDAY 1st JULY 2017 7:30 pm
A THEATRE ON THE STEPS PRODUCTION
GOODNIGHT MISTER TOM
Adapted by David Wood
From the novel by Michelle Magorian
One of the most uplifting stories ever written, Michelle Magorian’s stunning Goodnight Mister Tom is brought gloriously to life in this stage adaptation by David Wood – the UK’s ‘National Children’s Dramatist’ (The Times). Set during the dark and dangerous build-up to the Second World War, Goodnight Mister Tom follows sad young William Beech, who is evacuated to the idyllic English countryside and builds a remarkable and moving friendship with the elderly recluse Tom Oakley. All seems perfect until William is devastatingly summoned by his mother back to London.
Goodnight Mister Tom is a tale of two broken souls at very different ends of the age scale that celebrates the value of love and proves that friendship knows no barriers.
WHAT THE PAPERS SAY...................
‘…works like a charm…the play will speak to children, without question – but it may well be adults, looking back at a long-ago England while catching reactions of their own younger, fearful selves, it moves the most. Recommended.’ Daily Telegraph
‘…tugs the heart strings…moments of enchanting comedy…splendidly faithful to the book…a big success.’Independent
‘It ends as children’s theatre should: adults audibly snivelling and children breathlessly attentive. ’ The Times
EARLY BOOKING ADVISED
MATINEE PERFORMANCES FOR SCHOOLS -PLEASE CONTACT BOX OFFICE FOR DETAILS
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.