Birmingham Repertory Theatre and Paines Plough present
Hopelessly Devoted by Kate Tempest
Chess is in prison. Facing a lengthy sentence, her cell mate
becomes her soul mate. But when Serena is given parole,
Chess faces total isolation.
Hope comes in the form of a music producer looking for a
reason to love music again. She finds a powerful voice in Chess.
But to harness her talent, Chess must first face her past.
Following her smash-hit debut Wasted, Kate Tempest's incendiary
new play combines lyrical fireworks with exhilarating live music.
Wasted premiered in Birmingham prior to a highly-acclaimed
national tour and sell-out London run so don’t miss this opportunity
to see Kate’s explosive new work
“Tempest’s style is deeply poetic, with WASTED built around 3 electrifying monologues delivered by mid-twenties friends”
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.