BACK FOR TWO NIGHTS WITH TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOWS
FRIDAY NIGHT - Mama presents an evening of Genesis music"
SATURDAY NIGHT "Mama plays the hits of Genesis, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel and Mike And The Mechanics"
Mama are dedicated to reproducing the sights and sounds of a high octane contemporary Genesis rock concert with great musicianship and a full light show. The music selection features the classic material from the full history of the band. To this end, they perform pieces from every era of Genesis from the early Peter Gabriel Genesis albums, right through the Phil Collins era in the 70s and 80s and up to the final Genesis studio album to feature Phil Collins, We Can’t Dance.
Mama contains a host of musicians from all over the UK. They are led by frontman and lead vocalist John Wilkinson, highly acclaimed for his ability to deliver on the Phil Collins vocal sound of Genesis with power, passion and total precision. On keyboards, the band benefits from the technical wizardry of John Comish. Stunning guitars are provided by Mark Comish, backed up with the rock solid technical playing of James Cooper on drums and the superb Dave Jones on bass, backing vocals, and bass pedals
Formed in 2012 the band has already established itself as one of the top Genesis tribute bands in the UK. From their debut show at The Pacific Road Arts Centre in Birkenhead in March 2012 the band has captivated their audiences playing tribute to the music of Genesis to a very high standard. From that start, venues all across the UK have taken the band to their hearts and dates in Europe are planned for the later half of next year.
Alan Hewitt: Author of The Waiting Room the longest established Genesis webzine had this to say about the band's first show:
“This band have arisen from the ashes of one of the best loved tributes to Genesis (Face Value) and taken things to even greater heights. The performance at the Pacific Road Arts Centre in Birkenhead rates as one of the most impressive debuts I have ever seen. Musically spot on the money. Vocally, uncannily like Genesis and visually, convincing enough for me to suspend my disbelief. At times it was as if Genesis themselves were on stage. Either that or they had been cloned - impressive stuff!”
Tickets £15 OR £25 FOR BOTH NIGHTS PEOPLE BOOKING ON LINE WILL RECEIVE A £5 REFUND AT THE THEATRE ON THE NIGHT ON PRODUCTION OF THEIR E -TICKETS FOR BOTH SHOWS- BOOKINGS MADE THROUGH OUR BOX OFFICE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT.
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.