Shakespeare’s Will by Vern Thiessen
Joanna Purslow plays Anne Hathaway
directed by Chris Eldon Lee
A play of the moment ~ 400 years ago!
It’s the last week of April 1616.
Anne returns from her husband’s
funeral with his will in her hand.
It’s the most contentious thing he
ever wrote … but dare she read it?
Produced by Love Lee Productions ~ creators of Silhouette and Arthur’s Plough ~ and brought to Shropshire directly from Hamlet’s Elsinore Castle in Denmark.
Shakespeare’s Will explores the world of the enigmatic Anne; her courtship, her daily life with the children, her romantic desires and the trials of separation after her husband leaves Stratford to seek success in London.
We know a lot about William Shakespeare and his plays and sonnets; but who was his wife? What was it like to have been married to a genius? How frustrating, exasperating and unbelievably exciting must it have been? And how tragic?
“A gripping, fascinating, funny and very entertaining piece of theatre”.
“Anne emerges from the play a vivid and humanized character. Shakespeare through her eyes is not the man we would expect”
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.