The Government Inspector
This hilarious adaptation, by Juliette Walton of the original play by Nikolai Gogol could be set in any town, in any country. The whole town is in a spin when it is discovered that the Government Inspector is set to visit the town incognito with instructions to assess the local government and administration. The officials are instructed to quickly cover up the many unethical practices and general corruption of the local town authorities.
Two brothers announce to the officials that they have seen the government inspector staying at the local inn, but could it be a case of mistaken identity. As the plot unfolds the hilarity increases, as the unknown visitor is feted by the officials, adds to the confusion.
"this very funny play is a splendid satire on greed, corruption and sleaze in not very high places"
Performance time 7.30pm
Tickets £9.00 Concessions £7.00
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.