JOHN O'CONNELL plays SIMPLY DYLAN
Simply Dylan is as straight forward as the title suggests: no frills, no gimmicks, no pretence. It is John O'Connell's personal exploration and celebration of the rich and diverse work of Bob Dylan. O'Connell, a rare talent who has had his name indelibly written in to the tapestry of Liverpool's music scene, has collaborated with other highly reputable musicians from the city to form his Dylan band.
With the keyboards, fiddle, drums, harmonica, bass, acoustic guitar and female backing the band have successfully risen to the challenge of covering some of Dylan's more demanding songs. It is their precision playing and high renditions of Dylan's work which has gathered momentum and generated incredible interest.
From a modest project recognising Dylan's 70th Birthday, Simply Dylan has gone from selling out the Cavern Club three times to receiving fantastic reviews from the Spanish press after a successful six date tour. No ordinary interpretation, this is a remarkable and exceptional project which promises to delight Dylan fans young and old and to ignite a new wave of passion for one of the world's most prodigious songwriters.
"I went to see Johnny O'Connell playing Simply Dylan at the Cavern Liverpool and it was absolutely stunning. Johnny is one of the most talented musicians I have come across and his Dylan set is effortlessly brilliant."
Peter Hooton, The Farm
"...Simply Dylan is considered to be the best band version of Bob Dylan..."
Antxon Etxeberria, Zarautz
THEATRE ON THE STEPS - CONDITION OF TICKET SALES
- Once purchased tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Smoking in all areas of the Theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the building.
- Mobile phones and digital watch alarms must be switched off in the auditorium.
- In the interests of other patrons, babes in arms are not usually admitted. Exceptions may be made for pantomime and certain children's shows, when prior arrangements should be made with the Box Office and a ticket purchased irrespective of the age of the child.
- Due to fire regulations, all patrons, including babes in arms, must be in possession of a valid ticket before entering the auditorium.
- The management reserve the right to refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises.
- The Management reserve the right to request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request.
- Cameras and any form of audio or visual recording equipment are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
- Latecomers will not be admitted, (prior to the show or after the interval) until a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers if admitted, may be required to occupy alternative seats.
- The Management may alter or vary the programme, artistes and timings without consultation or compensation.
- The performance may be cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Management without notice and without the Theatre being liable to pay any person any compensation whatsoever other than a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- When you book online we reserve the right to refuse entry to the theatre if your order confirmation e-mail is not produced upon your visit to the Theatre.